วันพุธที่ 25 กุมภาพันธ์ พ.ศ. 2558

Minor Project

Minor Project
          My research question is to enhance solubility and stability for increase oral bioavailability of curcumin. Curcumin has not yet been approved as a therapeutic agent, because of its low bioavailability, which is caused by low water solubility and instability in aqueous and basic solutions. There are several methods used nowadays, such as nanoparticles, liposomes, and prodrug method.
        Researchers who have looked at this subject are Parvathy et al. (2010) and Bhawana et al. (2011). They used difference method for increase solubility and stability of curcumin such as prodrug and nanoparticle methods, respectively.
Parvathy et al. (2010) used a prodrug method found that curcumin prodrugs, which are synthesized by conjugation of curcumin with amino acids via ester bond shown solubility and stability in the aqueous higher than curcumin.
Bhawana et al. (2011) used a nanoparticle method found that curcumin nanoparticles had aqueous solubility higher than curcumin but not different in stability.
Debate centers on the basic issue is a prodrug method could increase solubility and stability, whereas nanoparticle method could increase only solubility of curcumin.
My work will be closer to Parvathy’s because I will use a prodrug method for to enhance solubility and stability for increase oral bioavailability of curcumin. A curcumin prodrug, curcumin diglutaric acid, was synthesized by conjugation of curcumin with diglutaric acid via ester bonds. Curcumin diglutaric acid was designed to improve aqueous solubility and enhance chemical stability by comparing with curcumin.
Hopefully my contribution will be to improve aqueous solubility and enhance chemical stability for increase oral bioavailability of curcumin.



Reference List
Parvathy, K. S., Negi, P. S. and Srinivas, P. (2010). Curcumin–amino acid conjugates: Synthesis, antioxidant and antimutagenic attributes. Food Chemistry, 120: 523-530.

Bhawana, Basniwal, R. K., Buttar, H. S., Jain, V.K. and Jain, N. (2011). Curcumin Nanoparticles: Preparation, Characterization, and antimicrobial study. J Agric Food Chem, 59(5): 2056-61.

5 ความคิดเห็น:

  1. Hi Chawanphat,

    In paragraph 2, I think the sentence "They used difference method for..." should be "They used different method for...".

    Thank you ka.

    ตอบลบ
  2. Hi Chawanphat,

    In paragraph 7, I think the sentence "my contribution will be to improve......" should be "my contribution will improve... or my contribution will to improve... "

    :)

    ตอบลบ
  3. Hi Chawanphat,

    I will suggest the edited sentence for you in paragraph 6,
    " My work will be closer to Parvathy’s because I will use a prodrug method for to enhance .............."

    i suggest to ...
    " My work will be closer to Parvathy’s because I will develop the curcumin prodrug to enhancing the solubility and stability and increasing the oral bioavailability of curcumin."

    ตอบลบ
  4. My comments on my friend's blogs :
    1#

    Address : http://edwardkrit.blogspot.com/2015/02/minor-project.html#comment-form

    My advice: In paragraph 3, I think the word "argue" should be "argued".

    2#

    Address : http://sujitratc.blogspot.com/2015/02/minor-project-my-research-question-
    is.html#comment-form

    My advice: In paragraph 4, I think the word "state" should be "stated".

    ตอบลบ